Did Some Shopping #1

Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser £4.99 : Yesterday I got my student loan, so that obviously meant I had to go shopping. I got quit...



Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser £4.99: Yesterday I got my student loan, so that obviously meant I had to go shopping. I got quite a bit, so this part is going to be beauty related and the second part will be all the fashion bits I picked up. The first shop I went to was Superdrug to pick up this hot cloth cleanser after running out of my Liz Earle. I've heard good reviews about it so thought for the price, I thought I might as well give it a go, you also get a free muslin cloth which I was happily surprised about.


Ocean Salt £6.95: I popped into Lush as I needed to repurchase Ocean Salt. This is my favourite facial scrub for when my skin needs a good cleanse but as this is quite abrasive, I only use it two or three times a week and if I want it to be gentler on the skin, I'll add water so it lathers up.

Cosmetic Warrior £5.95: The girl who I was talking to also helped me choose this face mask. I said that my skin sometimes feels quite tight and she recommended this product but when reading about it, it's labelled as a defence for spot-prone skin, which I don't have at the minute, thanks to La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. I used it last night and its quite soothing and moisturising and I like the fact that it dries to a clay, I'm also not going to complain if it stops me from getting spots! It smells like garlic and tea tree, but it's not as bad as it sounds. 

Charity Pot: I also paid an extra £1 at the till and received a mini sample of the Charity Pot hand and body lotion. Lush gives all of the money we spend on Charity Pot to their favourite charities around the world.

Topshop Lips - Sartorial £8: I love Topshop makeup but the store closest to me doesn't have the makeup section so whenever I go to one that does, I spend ages looking at it! When they first came out with their makeup range I was a bit unsure, I thought it would be just a high street store having a go at makeup, but everything that I've tried I've loved. Their lipsticks are really good quality, really creamy and moisturising. I've wanted a shade like this for ages, it looks more red on these pictures but it's a very bright coral pink, I wore it last night and from what I can remember.. it seemed to last quite well.


Topshop Lips - Nevada £8: The majority of the lipsticks that I own are nude shades and I keep buying more! I think if you applied too much of this, it could look like concealer lips depending on your skin tone as it is very pale but it does give a nice sheen to the lips, so on first impressions I'm liking it so far.

Topshop Blush - Head Over Heels £6: I'm obsessed with peachy coral colours so was automatically drawn to this blush. I think it'd be a really nice colour for the summer, when I'm more tanned. It's a cream blush which I really like, I prefer cream blushes to powder ones as I like dewy glowing skin.

I could literally spend hours in TK Maxx just wandering around the whole shop, looking at the beauty, candle and random homey sections. They usually have some really nice beauty products in here but they only have a couple of each product so it all depends on the day you go.


Jemma Kidd Lipstick Duo - Wendy: I got this lipstick and the eyeshadow in a pack for £4 and I wasn't really that bothered about the lipstick but when I tried it I actually liked it. On one side is a balm which prepares the lips, which is really creamy and moisturising and on the other side is a pale, baby pink lipstick. You can apply both, for a sheer glossy finish, or use the lipstick on it's own for a more vibrant colour. I'm thinking about getting a few more, they're currently on sale at Space NK for £5-£6 here

Jemma Kidd Eyeshadow - Editor: This is what I was most excited about, it's not as pigmented as I first thought it would be but it's a nice colour to wash over the lid. It's a shimmery taupe with purple undertones, it's the sort of colour that I'd wear every day.

Too Faced Eyeshadow Duo - Bon Bon: This is definately my favourite purchase from TK Maxx, particularly the peachy pink shadow, I wore it last night and it really brightened up my eyes. I'm undecided about the silvery-taupe colour, they're both shimmery but this one has a lot of glitter in it and ended up all over my eye, I used it in my tear but ended up taking it off as I've come to the conclusion that I don't suit shimmery products in the inner corners of my eyes. They're currently on sale at Beauty Box for £4.80 here.

Tigi Catwalk Headshot Conditioner: I'm terrible with scents and I can't decide if this smells like strawberries and cream or tea tree... two totally different scents so I don't know how I can't decide between the two. I was looking for a good conditioner that would leave my hair feeling super soft and seeing as though all of the Tigi products smell amazing, I thought I'd pick this up. You can also use this as a hair mask, you leave it on for 5-10 minutes and your hair and it apparently leaves your hair silky smooth. Currently on sale at Amazon for £7.47 here.

 Dove Hair Nourishing Oil Leave-In Spray £3.39: I then went to boots to pick these last items up, I've also heard good reviews about this and have searched for it everywhere and finally found it yesterday! I used it last night and I did actually notice a difference in my hair, It was less frizzy, which I was surprised about and it stayed really sleek all night. It also smells really nice, I used it again today on my dry hair to refresh it. It left my hair really soft and shiny.

Soap & Glory Clean On Me Clarifying Shower Gel £5.50: This is my favourite shower gel, it smells amazing, like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. I love that it has a pump dispenser, you don't end up wasting product.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Woah, I want that cosmetic warrior mask.. sounds perfect for my face :) xx


    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it so far - I read that they're thinking about opening stores in Argentina! x

      Delete
  2. I think Topshop lipsticks are one of my favourite! have the blush too, so cute for summer!!!

    I didnt realise TK Maxx sold makeup... definitely will have to stop by the Jemma Kid lip duo looks great.

    http://stevieheartsmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the have a few tables of just random bits and bobs! x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.