Morning Skincare Routine

I think my skincare routine is fairly simple to be honest, I try not to change too many things at once as I think this irritates my skin ...

I think my skincare routine is fairly simple to be honest, I try not to change too many things at once as I think this irritates my skin more than anything. My skin most of the time it's quite normal but every now and again it feels tight with some dry areas and can sometimes be quite sensitive. I think I'm finally happy with my routine, It's just about trial and error and finding what's right for your skin.

Lush Ocean Salt: This is what I'd use if I wake up and my skin feels quite tight or I feel that I need a deep cleanse. The girl at Lush said that this could cause skin to feel tight though so be careful but it seems to be fine for me. It sometimes can be too abrasive for my skin, so I like to add a small amount of water so it lathers up and becomes more gentle. 

Origins Modern Friction: If I want something that's a bit more gentle on my skin, I'd use Origin's Modern Friction. Full review here. I received this sample when I ordered a few things online and I think when I run out I'm going to buy the full size tube as I've have no problems with it, it doesn't leave my skin red or irritated at all, it leaves it feeling very soft and smooth.

Clean & Clear Morning Energy: I genuinely love this product, I haven't tried a facial wash that I've liked as much as this, you can read my full review here. It used vitamin c, ginseng and small beads that burst as you work it in to brighten up your skin and make you look more awake. It also smells really fruity and refreshing. It's only £3.99 which is a complete bargain, it's definitely worth a try!

Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner: I've been using this toner for a few months now and I really like it, it leaves my skin feeling hydrated without leaving any residue behind, it also contains no alcohol, chemicals or harsh detergents! I also love that it is in a spray bottle, it makes it really easy to spray onto cotton pads and you don't waste product, you can also spray it directly onto the face.

Origins Make A Difference Plus+: I've really enjoyed using this moisturiser over the past few months, it absorbs into the skin straight away without leaving it sticky or greasy. It also leaves my skin feeling very soft and hydrated although when I had dry patches around my nose over winter it didn't really help that much, which is a let down. I always use this just before I apply my makeup as it acts almost like a primer, smoothing over my skin.

Origins GinZing Eye Cream: This is my favourite product from my morning routine, I've read a lot of bad reviews about it though and I'm really shocked as I love it! I've had it for a few months and I've barely made a dent in it. All you need is a small amount for under your eyes and it instantly brightens them up. I don't think it does much for dark circles however but it's very creamy and moisturising which helps when applying concealer to cover them up.

Hope you've enjoyed my little skincare post, thanks for reading!
Also, if you haven't yet entered my giveaway you can do here.


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I love the morning energy! Super love how it makes me feel and look more awake! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, makes me feel really refreshed and awake. Love the smell x

      Delete
  2. I have been dying to try this Elemis toner for ages.. I love that it's in a spray bottle, so it's not getting product all over the place (like I always seem to do!) xxx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I always do that!
      You should try it, I really like it! Xx

      Delete
  3. I'm really lusting after the Origins Make a Difference, and now I'm tempted by the eye cream now!!

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them both! Should definitely try them xx

      Delete
  4. Nice products!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just started purchasing Lush stuff.. its fabulous. I adore Origins, lots of great items.

    kittenreviewsmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lush , the shop smells amazing x

      Delete
  6. I've just started using the Origins Make a Difference Plus+ Moisturiser too!
    I think Origins is one of my favourite brands :)


    Emily x - prettypleaseprettyplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely, I've loved everything I've tried from them! x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.