Evening Skincare Routine

This is a follow post to my morning skincare routine , I'll start of by saying my skin is normal/combination. Most of the time it is ...

This is a follow post to my morning skincare routine, I'll start of by saying my skin is normal/combination. Most of the time it is quite normal, with the occasional dry patches around my nose, it can feel quite tight at times and it rarely gets oily. A lot of the products are fairly new to my routine, added less than a year ago and others I've used for years.

Bioderma: The first product I use, to take my makeup off is probably one of the most famous products in the blogging world, Bioderma. This is probably my favourite product, ever! It's amazing, it takes pretty much all of my makeup off so effortlessly and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. It's perfect for when you come home after a night out and can't be bothered to do your full routine. I'm running out which is so annoying, I'm thinking about trying the L'Oreal Micellar Water as I've heard it's quite similar for half the price. If anyone has tried let me know how you've gotten on with it.

Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser: As I ran out of the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish I was looking for a cheaper replacement. I had heard good things about this cleanser and I'm so glad I picked it up. I love it just as much if not more than the Liz Earle. It's quite a thick cleanser and it's really nice to work into the skin, I then remove it with the muslin cloth that comes with it. It also smells really nice, reminds me of holiday!

Lush Cosmetic Warrior Face Mask: I've just used the last of this up and I really liked it, I used it mostly when I had breakouts as it's very soothing and I did notice it helped as it has antiseptic qualities. It contains garlic so it doesn't smell the best when you have it on but I didn't mind too much. It was recommended to me for dry skin which I wasn't so sure about, but it was really nice and I did enjoy using it.

Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner: I've used this toner for a while, I've nearly finished it and I'll probably repurchase. I love how it is a spray bottle so you don't waste product and you can also spray onto a cotton pad or directly onto your face. It has no alcohol and isn't harsh at all, it leaves my skin feeling hydrated and doesn't leave any residue behind.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo: You'll probably be sick to death of hearing about this product but it honestly is amazing. I love it, I know how it sounds when people say 'it's changed my skin' but it honestly has. If you didn't know what it was, it's an imperfection corrector that aims to reduce the appearance of pores and imperfections. It can be applied morning and/or night to the whole face before moisturiser or you can use it as a makeup base (which I personally don't use it for). It can also be applied as a single area spot treatment. I completely love this product, I use it at night before my moisturiser. I've noticed a bit difference in the size of my pores and I don't get as many spots.

Korres Honey Thyme 24hr Moisturiser: I've had this moisturiser a while but only recently started using it. It's formulated for normal/dry skin and the cream is a thick consistency so I like to use it at night so I can slather on. It does take a while to work into the skin as it's quite thick but when it's rubbed in it sinks in straight away. It's very moisturising and it leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth. I'm not a big fan of the smell but it's not too overpowering so I don't mind that much. I love the packaging though, it comes in a heavy glass jar which looks really pretty! I'm not sure how easy this is to get a hold of now, I think they may have discontinued this particular product but I've had a look about online and they also do a similar moisturiser in wild rose which I think I may look at purchasing when I run out of this one. I'm loving Korres at the minute, everything I've tried from them I've loved!

Avon Clear Skin Spot Treatment: I first started using this spot treatment a couple of years ago now and haven't used anything else since. It's really good for spots that are under the skin and are first starting to come through, it really dries them out and prevents them from getting any bigger. It also reduced redness!

Sudocrem: I use sudocrem or 'magic cream' on spots that are heeling, it's amazing for getting rid of them.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Wow you're so good using all the right products on your skin. I need to stop being lazy and using just face wipes!

    Great post!!!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to only use face wipes too! My skin has definitely benefited from my routines now though.
      Sometimes I just use Bioderma when I can't be bothered haha! xx

      Delete
  2. love these kind of posts! I really want to try bioderma, there's only been positive reviews of it :)

    xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing!! You should definitely try it xx

      Delete
  3. I love these posts! I was going to buy the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser but might just pick up the superdrug version instead, thanks for the tip! :) x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I tried this instead of buying Liz Earle again, it's on offer now too - bargain! x

      Delete
  4. Wow you're very good with your routine's missy :D I am rubbish, I really need to sort myself out don't I? I bet you have gorgeous skin, with all these beautiful products. I love LRP Effaclar Duo though, it's one of my Holy Grail products for sure xxx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use baby wipes, not even face wipes haha but I'm completely obsessed now!
      Yeah It's so amazing, running out now though :( xxx

      Delete
  5. I love Superdrug Hot cloth cleanser, it's a great product and a bargain price too.
    I've tried Lush's cosmetic catastrophe, that is awesome! Would love to try that one too although I'm not sure about the garlic smell! :)

    Lyndsay xx
    www.fizzypeaches.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too bad, just didn't smell the best haha xx

      Delete
  6. Great post! I love Superdrugs hot cloth cleanser! I did a review on it here
    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/superdrug-naturally-radiant-brightening.html

    Kelly xx

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty new to cleansing balms-- I've only used Emma Hardie's and I love it. A little worried about what I'll do when I run out though as it's kind of a pain to get in the states. I really need to look in to Effaclar Duo more as I've only heard good things about it!

    New follower :)
    Jillicious Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the Emma Hardie one so much, just very pricey!
      Thanks for following :) xx

      Delete
  8. I absolutely swear by Effeclar Duo - isn't it amazing? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.