May Favourites

I literally have no idea where this year has gone never mind this month. As I've been so busy with work I haven't really tried m...


I literally have no idea where this year has gone never mind this month. As I've been so busy with work I haven't really tried many new products this month and as I forgot to do a monthly favourites post last month, they've rolled into one.

The first of my favourites is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, this was a present off my boyfriend Liam for my 21st. I'm in love with it. Although it's marketed at yonger women, it has a sophisticated smell about it and I usually wear it out to meals or for drinks. If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know how rubbish I am at describing scents but it smells quite floral.. top notes apparently are orange and bergamot, middle notes are jasmine and turkish rose and base notes are vanilla, white musk and patchouli.

I've been enjoying using the St. Tropez Wash Off Instant Glow Face recently as I'm naturally very pale. It's good for giving a nice glow to the face instead of a typical fake tan look, it looks very natural. It's also very easy to apply, it's a lotion that can be applied by itself or you can mix it in with your moisturiser or foundation. I used to always us the St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mouse on my face all the time but it was drying it out so now I tend to use that more for nights out.

I bought the Two Faced Eyeshadow Duo in Bon Bon a couple of months ago and I've wore it pretty much every day since. On one side is a shimmery golden peachy pink shade and on the other is a sparkly beige. I don't really use the beige but the golden pink shadow is gorgeous. It really brightens up my eyes and doesn't make me look ill at all, like some pink eye shadows do and it's not too shimmery. The pigmentation is ok, more so with the pink shade, the beige isn't that pigmented at all and the glitter got all over my face. However they don't crease and they lasted all day. I'd look for the pink shade on it's own but if not then I'd still repurchase the duo just to have the pink.

I've also not stopped wearing Topshop Head Over Heels since I've bought it. It's a gorgeous coral pink cream to powder blush which is perfect for summer. I've been dabbing it on with my finger and working it in with a Real Techniques buffing brush but I want to get another Real Techniques stippling brush as I've heard it's the perfect match for cream blushes. It's very pigmented so a little goes a long way and it leaves a healthy glow to the face.

I've also been obsessed with Topshop Lips in Nevada these past couple of months, it's my favourite nude at the minute. It my lips are dry this can make them look worse so I sometimes wear a balm underneath it but overall I'm very happy with it, it's such a nice every day lipstick.

My final favourite this month is a product that I haven't shut up about recently, the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser. After running out of the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, I was looking for a cheaper replacement and had heard good things about this one. I'm so glad I picked it up as I like it even more. It's a thick creamy cleanser that you work into the skin and wash off with the free muslin cloth that you get with it, the cloth isn't the best but I can't really complain. It's usual price is £5.99 but is on offer at the minute for £4.99. It smells absolutely amazing, I can't get enough of it. I usually use it after Bioderma but for the last couple of nights I've been using it to take my makeup off and I was really impressed. It got rid of pretty much everything, including my mascara and it didn't hurt my eyes at all. It leaves my skin cleansed, moisturised and feeling really soft and smooth. Really can't recommend it enough, I love it.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Lovely monthly favourites! Especially the Chanel Mademoiselle :)

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, I feel so elegant when I wear it haha xx

      Delete
  2. I've just reviewed a Topshop blusher! But it was a cream one. Know what you mean about a little going a long way - they're definitely very pigmented!
    Great favourite's post. I'm a new follower by the way - found you via Gemma's advertiser's post!
    xxx

    www.sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to check your review out.
      Thanks so much for following :) I've seen your name about will definitely check your blog out xxx

      Delete
  3. I love Superdrug skin care :) I've had St Tropez as a spray tan and its brilliant.. Need to try some of their instant tan. Love this post! xxx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to try more of their skin care!
      Need to try a St Tropez spray tan too!! xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely post! I've got 'head over heels' too and I love it so much :)

    Have followed you using GFC!

    Here's a link to my blog if you'd like to check it out Beauty and the Bargain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just bought the Nevada Lipstick.. I hope I like it as much as you like yours :)) I LOVE the cream blushes from there too, Topshop just can do no wrong in my eyes with their makeup xx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've loved everything I've tried!! xx

      Delete
  6. That topshop lipstick is such a pretty colour!
    The superdrug hot coth cleanser sounds amazing, I think I might have to try it! :)

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried any makeup from topshop before! Shocker..I really need to get my hands on some things! Heard so many great things about their lipsticks!

    Definitely gonna pick up some of the Vitamin E cleanser well as the Liz Earle one is pretty expensive!

    Great post :)

    gemmasdiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

  8. love your posts.
    Not tried any topshop make-up before, crazy I know! So many great reviews about their products I should definitely try some!

    Congrats on 100 followers! you deserve it!

    www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    Hannah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've been seeing the St. Tropez Instant Glow product quite a bit. Does it transfer on to clothes easily? And does it have a smell?

    Jillicious Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually smells quite nice. Not like the fake tan biscuit smell at all. It dries straight away, I've never had any problems with it. xx

      Delete
  10. This is a really cool blog! Really glad I found it. Following you :) Would love if you could come and check my blog out too
    megansfashionalphabet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.