Spring Favourites - Blushes

These blushes are some of my favourites at the moment, I always reach for the same colours whenever I visit Boots or Superdrug. It's ...

These blushes are some of my favourites at the moment, I always reach for the same colours whenever I visit Boots or Superdrug. It's always peaches and corals, I need to branch out a bit more. I really love a healthy, glowy, dewy look and I love using bright corals and peaches to give me a bit of colour. 

Topshop - Head Over Heels: This is a recent buy and I've wore it pretty much every day since I bought it. It's a very bright, coral cream blush. It's very creamy and smooth, I love dabbing it on with my finger and working it in with my Real Techniques buffing brush. I want to get another Real Techniques stippling brush as I've heard that it's amazing for applying cream blushes. I'd say that this is probably my favourite blush out of all of my collection - it's the perfect colour and consistency. 

Natural Collection - Peach Melba: This is supposed to be a dupe for MAC's Melba blush (which I've never tried). I absolutely love the colour - It's a nice brown toned peach which gives a nice sun kissed look instead of a full on peachy blush. However, the formula isn't the best, it's quite chalky and dry but the pigmentation is actually OK and it lasts quite well - I think for a £1.99 blush you can't really go wrong. The Natural Collection range is available at Boots.

Fashionista - Juicy Apricot: This is another of my all time favourite blushes, I'm becoming more and more impressed with Fashionista - for a low end drugstore brand the quality is amazing. It's a lot less chalky than the Natural Collection blush and is very pigmented. The colour is gorgeous - a very bright peachy pink. It does have a slight shimmer but it's not noticeable on the skin. I really like that you can remove the pan from the packaging very easily and add it to a custom palette.

Dainty Doll - You Are My Sunshine: This is my most recent purchase and so far I'm really impressed. It's a gorgeous peachy gold shade which isn't too dissimilar to Nars Orgasm. Its so smooth and very pigmented, it also has a nice shimmer to it, like a blush and highlight duo. I got mine from Fragrance Direct for £1.99 - they're still available if you're interested!

Micabella - Sierra Suede: I received this in a Glossybox ages ago and just chucked it into my blushes draw without having much hope for it but when I finally got round to using it I really liked it. It's leaves a nice flush of colour, it's quite brown toned so leaves a nice healthy sun kissed look. I'm not a big fan of it on me when I'm pale, I feel like it makes me look ill but when I've fake tanned I love it. It reminds me of that natural glowy Mila Kunis look.

I've come to the conclusion that my iPhone is actually better than a Canon for taking up close photo's of makeup which is ridiculous - this photo does the products no justice! I've linked up to the products if you want to see better pictures! I hope you enjoyed this post and I've inspired you to spend more money ha! Thanks for reading!
Also if you haven't yet entered my giveaway you can do so here.

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I have the dainty doll blush and the natural collection one too and I love both so muh for the spring time :)I would love to try the topshop one xx

    Shannen | http://shann-mariee-dee.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them all! You should definitely try the Topshop one! X

      Delete
  2. I've just ordered the same dainty doll blush from fragrance direct, can't wait for it to arrive. How can they sell products so cheap?! Amazing website.
    Megan xx

    maybeitsmeganleigh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I went crazy when I see that everything was so cheap!! Xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so obsessed with peach blushers too! I have the Topshop one and apply it with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush... goes on like a dream ♥

    Stevie Hearts Makeup

    Great post!
    Stevie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get another one! I love it for foundation x

      Delete
  4. I love the shades, very pretty x

    http://www.next.co.uk/x5112s5#787007x51

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog, it's gorgeous! And I got the Dainty Doll blush this month too, have a post going up on Sunday about the range, it's so lovely. xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Yeah I love it, definitely going to get more while fragrance direct have them cheap! X

      Delete
  6. I fall in love with Topshop - Head over heals every day I wear it... so so gorgeous Xx

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice I've been obsessed with it. Such a lovely colour xx

      Delete
  7. Juicy apricot looks so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Head over heels and You are my Sunshine are my favourites! I've been eyeing up the fashionistA ones too and I think you may have just swayed my decision. I don't know whether you've tried any of the Sleek blushes but they have some gorgeous ones too :)
    Also, how pretty are you?! Your eyes are gorgeous and I want your hair anddd I can't believe you've only been blogging since March, your blog is amazing Mrs!
    You've definitely gained a new follower, Hiii!
    Hope to speak soon,
    Laura xx

    http://www.lisforladybird.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so pretty! You should definitely try some, I've got a few but juicy apricot is my favourite!
      No I haven't tried sleek blushes yet, been dying too though!
      Aw thank you :) I've loved it so far!!
      Thanks for following xx

      Delete
  9. I really like the look of the Dainty Doll one :) I like peachy, pink blushers.. I think they suit me more :)

    I've now followed you, your blog is really interesting + I've been snooping on it for a while! xxx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm obsessed with peach anything basically. Aw have you :) thanks so much for following xx

      Delete
  10. Great blog, following!
    www.mollyewins.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww such a cute picture, I have some swatches to post done in a similar way!
    And these are all very pretty colors, you made me want to pick up Peach Melba! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely pick it up!
      Only £1.99 such a bargain x

      Delete
  12. Love the dainty doll blush, really want to try a topshop one! nice blog, following :) xx

    daisie-petals.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's so nice! Can't stop wearing it.
      Thanks so much for following xx

      Delete
  13. Love this post, i am always so unsure of blushers i always find some sit too heavy on the face. Thanks for the review of these though, i need to invest an try for myself x

    www.indigogirl1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.