Easy Brush Cleaning

It's recommended that you wash your makeup brushes after every use to prevent them accumulating dirt and bacteria which can lead to s...

It's recommended that you wash your makeup brushes after every use to prevent them accumulating dirt and bacteria which can lead to spots. I have to admit that I don't wash my brushes as much as I should, I try to wash them once a week, which is what should be the minimum, but sometimes I just forget about them.. oops.

For me this is the easiest way to bulk clean brushes, giving them a deep cleanse. I use Johnson's baby shampoo as it's strong enough to wash them thoroughly but gentle enough that it won't damage the brushes. It's really inexpensive and has lasted me ages! I add a small pea size amount to a jug with a little water and swirl the brushes around onto the bottom of the jug. I do this until the water turns dirty then I change the water and repeat until the water stays clear. I then place the brushes on a rolled up towel so this creates an angle and leave to dry overnight. You want to place the brushes on an angle so that the water runs down onto the towel and doesn't damage the bristles inside the brush. Below are step by step images on how I do this.




If you haven't yet entered my giveaway to win Essie & Calvin Klein, you can do so here.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I do my brush cleaning exactly like this! I would never do it under running water, only watching others do it gives me heartache because of wasting the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post!... I realllyyy don't wash my brushes enough!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do pretty much the same thing, works really well :) I always forget to clean mine too, oops!

    frecklesandflawsbeautyblog

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use johnsons baby shampoo too - its usually on offer in asda for one pound a bottle so its pretty cheap and cheerful :) I am abit OCD and wash my brushes every sunday haha! X

    www.beautytelltales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh thankyou really helpful haha xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I've heard of using baby shampoo to clean brushes before but this is a really cool technique, I look forward to trying it.

    xo, Janiecy
    http://janiecyxo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cleaning my makeup brushes (sad I know but bun da system!) xx

    I use lightweight shampoo but I really need to get baby shampoo as I know that it definitely won't mess up my brushes. They actually have this shampoo in the 99p shop right now (for a price of 99p just in case)

    Bright and Dandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use this baby shampoo to clean mine. I'll admit there was one brush which i had never cleaned (oops) but when i did, wow, it was diiiiirty!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do the same thing, but I'm using another soap from Dove. It's always hard to think about washing the brushes after every use. So I also wash them once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the tips! I'm exactly the same, need to wash them more! xo

    Pretty Petticoats

    ReplyDelete
  11. My way is a little different so I will def try yours :)
    http://makeupbyjoanna909.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just flipping through your blog. Really nice tips, probably better than scrubbing them with soap. :p

    Olivia xxx
    Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.