L'Oreal Micellar Solution

L'oreal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution £4.99 As I had ran out of Bioderma and didn't have time / co...


As I had ran out of Bioderma and didn't have time / couldn't be bothered to purchase one from eBay, I decided to pick up the L'Oreal Micellar Solution instead so I could take it on holiday. I'd heard it was pretty similar to Bioderma, which I love and more than half the price, so thought why not give it a go.

If you're unsure of what micellar solutions are, they're solutions made up mostly of water which dissolves makeup and unclogs pores and this does exactly that. I can't help but compare this to Bioderma and even though I would say it's not as good as Bioderma for removing all of my makeup, it does get rid of the majority, even my mascara. I do feel like I need to cleanse my face afterwards (which I do anyway) but with Bioderma I don't. It doesn't appear to have any scent and doesn't affect my skin or eyes at all, it's also hypo-allergenic. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and I have actually noticed a reduced appearance of pores!

One bad point is the packaging, the lid doesn't secure properly and sometimes leaks. Also, the dispenser is just a whole in the lid which just shoots out product, I've already used half of the bottle and I've only had it two weeks. I'm going to look for something else I can store it in as I'm wasting so much of it.

Overall, it's a nice product and it makes taking off my makeup so much easier. Apart from the packaging, I have nothing bad to say about it but personally I prefer Bioderma. I think the L'Oreal solution is a close second from what I've tried so far and I think it you're looking for a cheaper alternative then you should definitely try this.


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This sounds a good alternative until I get hold of Bioderma, Thanks!

    Have recently followed x

    Beth May Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this and love it. Totally agree about the packaging though, I waste so much of it xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i was intrigued by the whole highstreet offerings, love Bioderma so much i may just restock now for when i run out (otherwise i'm far too lazy)! are you looking to try an other waters from the 'drugstore'? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bioderma is amazing, I love it.
      I've been wanting to try the La Roche-Posay one for a while! xx

      Delete
  4. It sounds amazing, a great dupe for sure! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried this and although I thought it was really good, I do think Bioderma and Taaj are my personal picks when it comes to micellar waters!

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.