June Favourites

I can't believe we are half way through the year already, it's scary how fast it's flown over. It was pretty easy to pick thi...


I can't believe we are half way through the year already, it's scary how fast it's flown over. It was pretty easy to pick this months favourites, I've been obsessed with each product I've chosen.

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Oil: This is possibly the best hair oil I've used, it leaves my hair feeling so soft and smooth. It also helped to tame frizz and flyaways. You can read my full review here.

Palmer's Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturiser: I took this on holiday as I was so pale and knew I wouldn't tan much.. People always laugh at me when I say I take fake tan on holiday but I wouldn't go without it at home, so what makes holidays so different if I don't tan, it's not like I paint myself a dark orange/mahogany, I just like it to give me a bit of a colour so I don't look sickly pale! I love pale skin on other people, I just hate it on myself. I thought that a gradual tanner would be a good idea as it would develop like a natural tan would. I used this twice in the week I was in Lanzarote, missing out a couple days and in place of my after-sun as it is also a moisturiser. It's really easy to apply, I just use my hands, and I love that it comes in a pump bottle. It dries pretty much straight away just like a moisturiser and smells lovely, not like a biscuit at all. It leaves a nice bronzed glow and my boyfriend kept saying how brown I looked, which was a combination of this and an actual tan, which was perfect. The only problems I had was with my legs, they did look slightly orange, I think this was due to them being so pale - milk bottle legs. Also my hands, which was my own fault so I may try applying this with a mitt instead.

Avon Eyeshadow Quad - Mocha Latte: I used to be obsessed with this a few years ago and worn a couple of the shades down to the pan. I then started using the taupe shadow to fill in my brows and I love it, it's the perfect shade for them and looks a lot more natural than pencil.

L'Oreal - Creamy Angora: I've been wearing this non stop since I bought it, it's the perfect pinky nude. The formula is really creamy and quite opaque and the brush is quite thick which makes application really easy.

Nails Inc Sprinkles - Sweets Way*: I took this polish on holiday with me as I knew it would last the majority of the week without chipping, I only had to reapply on two nails. It's a really nice summer shade with a lot of glitter which spreads evenly over the nail and you only need two coats for it to be completely opaque. You can read my full review of the Nails Inc Sprinkles collection here.

Maybelline Colour Sensational - Coral Tonic: This vibrant red toned coral lipstick is quickly becoming one of my all time favourites. The formula is very creamy and not drying at all. It lasts OK but I would take it with you as it does wear off throughout the day.

The Body Shop Shimmer Waves - Bronze: I love the shimmer waves as they can be used on both eyes and cheeks. With previous duo products I've tried, I've always been let down but you can actually use this for both. There are 5 shades within the product ranging from a champagne colour to a dark brown. You can create some really nice eye looks, using one shade or a number of shades to create a smokey eye. It also leaves a nice bronzed glow when applied to the cheeks and temples.


You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. ooo I need a gradual tanner to go in between days I apply my Xen-Tan! that one looks moisturizing!! And WOW that coral lipstick... I want it :) xx great post.


    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't go anywhere without a lipstick in my bag!

    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :) I have an Avon eyeshadow duo which has a shimmery brown and a champagne shade. I use it so much!

    Colour Shimmer Sparkle
    Bree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely products! i love all palmers products xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Maybelline lippy, so bright & summery!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Palmer's Natural Bronze, it's the only fake tan product I'll use now since trying it! xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really want to try the palmer's gradual tanner!
    lovely post :)i've nominated you for the liebster award! here's the link if you wanna check it out: http://little-heart-shaped-box.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that lipstick and am in love with it! :)

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the Coral Tonic lipstick too, it's gorgeous isn't it? xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wondering what that Palmers gradual tan would be like - thanks for letting us know! :)

    flawedfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I love your blog great work ;) Please come check mine out, if you decide to follow me, leave me a comment and I’ll follow you back :) XxXx
    http://lifewithalipglosssmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got the Palmer Natural Bronzer in a goody bag. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds like a good product. Yes, I will be using a mitt :P

    Olivia xxx
    Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely blog:)
    Maybe you want to follow each other? Let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm looking to try the Palmer's natural bronze gradual tanner..heard so many great things. I'm using garnier summer body at the minute!


    Would love it if you came and followed my new blog:)

    gemmatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your monthly favourites! Been wanting to try The Body Shop Bronze Shimmer Waves but never got round to getting it. After reading all the ways you use it, I'm tempted even more! =D

    beauteebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.