Seascape Island Apothecary Lip Balm

Seascape Island Apothecary Peppermint Oil Lip Balm £10* I've been in need of a good lip balm for so long, so I jumped at the ch...


I've been in need of a good lip balm for so long, so I jumped at the chance to try this one from Seascape. Seascape products use natural ingredients sourced from locally from the island of Jersey. The Island Apothecary Peppermint Oil Lip Balm is formulated with 100% natural peppermint essential oil with Jersey Beeswax, Jersey Honey and Jojoba Seed Oil to help protect and repair dry, chapped lips. It also contains no nasty ingredients, such as parebens, silicones, SLS, petroleum or artificial fragrances.

First of all I love the packaging, its so cute and pretty without being obnoxiously girly. It also comes in a glass jar, which instantly makes it feel more luxurious. The actual lip balm is really nice too. I love the consistency of it, it feels really light and doesn't leave your lips feeling greasy at all. It's quite solid in the jar, which I like as you only get the amount of product that is needed, whereas if I compare this to something like Vaseline which leaves your hands feeling greasy afterwards. Only a small amount of product is needed and your lips are instantly feeling softer and smoother. It also leaves them feeling really hydrated and moisturised and I've definitely noticed a huge difference. It also smells of peppermint which I really like, it smells really refreshing, I keep opening the jar just to smell it. If you're not too keen on peppermint, it's not overpowering at all and after about 5 minutes the smell is gone.

I normally apply this just before I put on my makeup, to prep the lips for applying lipstick. Doing this ensures that my lipstick will apply nicely, without clinging to any dry patches - as there are none! I find that if I apply this directly before the application of lipstick that it's a little too silky for my liking and letting it sink in first works best for me.

Overall, I'm really happy I got to try this lip balm as it's definitely become my favourites. I really like the formula and love that Seascape only use natural ingredients. It's really easy to chuck in your bag and it looks really pretty! If you've tried any other Seascape products and have any recommendations then please leave them below!


You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I love the little glass jar! It sounds like a lovely lip balm as well.

    Colour Shimmer Sparkle
    Bree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds lovely! I'm a serious chapped lips sufferer so a good balm is an essential part of my daily beauty routine! I love minty scents too so this would probably be perfect for me :) My only concern is that the jar however pretty wouldn't make it very travel friendly, I'd still try it though :)

    Bella | BELLAETC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I understand what you mean about travel purposes, however I took it on holiday with me and it was fine in my makeup bag. It's heavier than most lip balms but it's not too heavy. Hope this helps to sway your decision ha! x

      Delete
  3. Ooh this looks cute, I love the packaging... I'm a sucker for lipbalm so this sounds like a total beaut xxx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely, I love glass packaging and the lip gloss sounds fab too xxx

    The perks of being a hipster – Tower Of London Summer Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post. Thanks for this review. I wanna try this product!

    xoxo;
    Into The Blush, a Beauty Blog by Kenny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try it!!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. The packaging is lovely!! Great post xx

    www.itslilylocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard such good things about this lip balm! I really want to try it, I love the packaging too.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a gorgeous product, just what I need for my sunburnt lips! also adore your blog, following! xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love peppermint scents, so this looks perfect for me! Great review

    Lyndsay xx | Fizzy Peaches ♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. this sounds great, I must try this! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  12. the packaging is super pretty! and i love that its in a glass jar (not so great for butter fingers though!) and i hope its great 'cos its abit on the pricey side -__- it sounds amazing though..

    ...you're making me wanna try it. does it come in different varieties, other than peppermint?

    from Brigitte at // BlogLovin' | BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I dropped my Korres moisturiser and that was in a glass jar, smashed everywhere! I was so devastated, it was pretty much full :(
      No, I think there's just the peppermint one.

      Delete
  13. I’ve wanted to try this for a good while now after reading about it in a magazine. It sounds brilliant. I’m just have to give in and get it aren’t I? Haha. Love the blog xxx

    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really great for me .. definitely need to try this! xx
    http://lollylaura1991.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. so glad i found your blog! I love it so so much! Deffo one of my faves

    xx Megan

    http://megan-pedicini.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Megan, this is such a lovely comment :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.