Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes

Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes £24.50 There's something wrong about me feeling like I need to apologise for this mucky palette! I...


There's something wrong about me feeling like I need to apologise for this mucky palette! If you haven't already noticed, I've had this palette for quite a while now but always seem to forget about it, along with my other palettes. As they don't fit in my makeup storage, they're all hidden away in a draw and because I'm lazy I hardly reach for them.. first world problems.

I forgot how much I actually liked this palette, they're all shades that I'd use every single day. My eyes are rarely anything but neutral, especially for daytime. I also only realised that this included the famous Bo-ing concealer a few months ago - what an idiot. It also includes a pale pink shimmery 'base' shadow, a cocoa shimmery 'contour' shadow and a dark brown semi-matte 'liner' shadow. There is also a mirror and two brushes that come with the palette, a concealer brush and a double ended contour and liner brush.

The shade the concealer comes in is '02' which is slightly too dark for me but it's not that much of a problem. Recently I've been enjoying using this to tidy up my eyebrows, especially my brow bone and I use the concealer brush that comes with it for this. Personally I don't like to highlight this area so I actually like that it's a bit dark. I do sometimes find it quite cakey and would prefer to use a liquid concealer for under my eyes but this is also good to conceal blemishes. The quality of the eye shadows are amazing, they're ridiculously smooth and have nice pigmentation! They're shimmery but not too shimmery, which I like as I've said before eye shadows that are too shimmery make me look ill or I always feel too overdone. The eye shadows compliment each other to make an every day neutral smokey eye. As for the brushes, for them being so teeny the quality of them is really good. It also comes with an instruction manual, explaining how to contour using these shades. It would make the perfect gift for someone who's just starting to get into makeup.

Overall, I'm really happy that I've started using this palette again, I've been reaching for it a lot recently as it's so easy to use. I also have Benefit's 'Smokin' Eyes' palette which I might do a review of soon if anyone is interested. I'd also love to try the 'Brows A Go-Go' palette, so this may be my next Benefit purchase!

Also, if you're going to the Look Fantastic / My Bag event in Manchester on Thursday then please let me know in the comments or tweet @RachaelLinton :)

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. I'd love to try Brows A Go-Go too, just need to save some pennies right now.. Loved this review, and glad you're using this palette more now!

    Jodie Marie | à la Jode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in need of a good eyebrow product and it looks really good! Definitely need to save up some pennies! xx

      Delete
  2. This palette looks so good and a messy palette is a loved palette i think anyway

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've been using it a lot recently :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love Benefit's products! I definitely need to pick this up as a sales assistant tried this out on me and it looks lovely x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to be that bothered about Benefit but I want everything now!! x

      Delete
  4. This was the first Benefit product I had! I love it :) their eyeshadows are brilliant!

    I've just tagged you in my most recent post if you'd like to check it out :)

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah their eyeshadows are amazing!!
      Thanks Jessie :) gonna write this up for next week x

      Delete
  5. What an amazing palette, I'd use this all the time!

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can definitely see myself using it a lot more often. xx

      Delete
  6. My friend has this and it looks stunning

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know what it is with me and palettes - probably just laziness.
      I've love using it though, forgot how good it was. x

      Delete
  7. First world problems...I hear you, Rachael! I have a few products that I just forget how much I like because they're at the back of my drawer! Benefit has amazing quality eyeshadows and this does seem like a really pretty neutral palette. I can't wait to see your review on the smokin eyes palette and if you get the brows a go-go, I'd like to see a review of that as well! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've moved them all now so I can easily see them, so will definitely use this more often. Yeah think I will do a review of the Smokin' Eyes palette soon! Once I'm out of this spending ban I probably will purchase it so a review will follow :) xx

      Delete
  8. The pinkie shade looks beautiful, I tend to use these type of neutral shades on a daily basis too.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh this look's amazing!
    I love the colours you get & the detail of the packaging is so cute. I'm a neutral type of girl there's nothing else that suits my eyes really.
    Just found your blog through Jessie's tag
    Now following

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a nice neutral palette, I have never heard of this one before !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely loved this palette, so I was gutted when mine was finally done! I love their Smokin Eyes one too :) xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  12. this palette looks like something i would use everyday! I use Bo-ing in shade 2 and i'm getting low so this would be perfect for me :) I know where i'm heading on payday

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't think these guys would be so pigmented.. this looks beautiful rachel x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems like an amazing palette!

    http://ncboodah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with shimmery eyeshadows, they just make me feel too much! This looks to have great eyeshadows, I will have to have a look next time I'm walking past the counter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the first two eyeshadows! Glad you rediscovered this little gem... first world problems, lmao... love it!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  17. this seems like such a lovely palette! i love neutral shades and these seem pretty decently pigmented :)
    Emma x
    emandthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love Benefit so I'd love to try this palette out. Great post!


    my beauty blog


    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh i love me some benefit products. this looks so pretty and the colors are absolute perfection!!

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi darling! I've tagged you in the 'My First Time' tag on my blog!


    My First Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ada, I'll check it out once I'm back from Manchester! Thanks for tagging me :) xx

      Delete
  21. It looks really nice I'll have to try it! :)
    Teenage Daydreams X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect palette for everyday look !!! You have an amazing blog and a new follower !!!

    NovembreBeaute

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE Benefit, but haven't tried this product yet as I'm always too attached to my naked palette lol. Might give it a go when I have spare cash to spend on a new eye shadow palette! ;)

    Have a lovely day darling, I'm finally coming back to the UK! <3

    Boonya - theartywardrobe.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woah the swatches look gorgeous! I've always thought about purchasing this product but never really looked into it properly. I really need to get this now, haha.

    devonabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.