Drugstore Gems

1.  Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum £10.99  I've been banging on about this foundation a lot lately as it's the foundation that I...


1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum £10.99 I've been banging on about this foundation a lot lately as it's the foundation that I've been wearing most days. It lasts all day, looks really natural and leaves my skin looking more radiant. It smells lovely too.

2. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo £13 This literally has changed my skin, it's so much clearer and I barely get any blemishes - saying this I'll probably wake up with loads!

3. FashionistA Blush - Juicy Apricot £4 This blush is one of my favourites, the pigmentation is amazing and it's such a nice peachy pink shade with a subtle shimmer. I love that FashionistA have 'create your own' palettes too!

4. Maybelling Colour Tattoo £4.99 I used to wear 'On and on Bronze' pretty much every day. They're really easy to wear and look really nice just on it's own. It's really buildable, you can wear a light wash of colour or build it up to create a metalic eye look. They last all day too!

5. Eylure False Eyelashes £5.35 Whenever I wear false eyelashes they're either Primark specials (which are actually pretty good) or Eylure Naturalites. They're really easy to apply and I love how natural they look instead of the full on TOWIE lashes that look ridiculous on me.

6. L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara £10.99 I'm never really sure if I like the wand or the formula of mascaras.. but I think I like both with this L'Oreal one. The wand really grips onto your lashes, separating them and gives an even application and it doesn't leave you with spider legs.

7. Real Techniques Stippling Brush £11.99 All of the Real Techniques brushes I've tried have been amazing. Not only because of the quality but because each brush can be used a number of different ways. The stippling brush has to be my favourite, I love it for applying foundation. I also want another one to apply cream blusher!

8. Revlon Lip Butter £7.99 I've heard a few of these butters are 'dupes' (sorry another american word) for MAC lipsticks, such as Revlon Sweet Tart and MAC Chatterbox and Lustering. They're very easy to wear and really moisturising.

9. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19 I think pretty much everyone has this concealer. I love it for when I have any blemishes, it's amazing at covering them up. 

10. Barry M Hi Shine Gel Polish £3.99 I haven't actually tried the Gel polishes yet but they all look amazing, especially this Papaya shade. I always end up at the Barry M section whenever I'm in Boots or Superdrug, they're so cheap and really good quality.

11. MUA Pro Base Eye Primer £2.50 I actually have the old packaging and I'm not sure if they're reformulated it or not, please let me know if they have. I love the old one though, it's really similar to the Urban Decay Primer Potion, it's the same consistency and I haven't noticed any difference in the longevity either.

12. L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer £9.99 I love this primer, it instantly brightens up my completion. It leaves my skin feeling ridiculously soft and smooth and my foundation goes on so much nicer when I have this on. I also love using it as a highlight!


I hate the phrase 'drugstore gems' but highstreet products just didn't have the same ring to it.. If you've found any bargains from the 'drugstore' then please leave them in the comments. :)
Also, I've been invited along to Look Fantastic / My Bag event in Manchester on Thursday, if anybody is going then please let me know. I've never been to an event before and I'm really excited but a little bit nervous - ahh!

You Might Also Like

38 comments

  1. Ooh I love the Healthy Mix foundation, I've been meaning to do a post for ages! Also the 24hr Eyeshadows and Real Techniques Brushes... pretty much everything you said to be honest ;) And ooh an event in Manchester? I live in Manchester but never get invited, darn xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the new reformulated healthy mix one! I loved that one too! There might still be places Kat! xx

      Delete
  2. Great picks Hun, a couple if these are my faves too. Love th collection concealer, I wearing Barry M papaya at the moment & it's such a beautiful shade. If the MUA eye primer is the same as the urban decay one I'm defo going to try it out.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the shade I'd get when I eventually buy one! It's so pretty. It's exactly the same consistency, hoping to do a post on this soon. I hope they haven't reformulated it! xx

      Delete
  3. The colour tattoo eyeshadow is probably one of my favourite eyeshadow I own, it doesn't budge when combined with the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the NARS eye shadow base! Would love to I can imagine it's amazing. x

      Delete
  4. A few of these items are some of my favourites too.
    I'm still to try the Maybelline Colour Tattoos but I'm definitely intrigued - I love cream shadows!

    Emily x - prettypleaseprettyplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should definitely try them, they're good for when you can't be bothered with makeup. They're a lovely pink shade too xx

      Delete
  5. I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, they're amazing value! I also have two stippling brushes - one for foundation, one for cream blusher. Best decision I made! xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's about time I got another one! They're really cheap on iHerb. xx

      Delete
  6. I own nearly all of those products!!! ahaha! I've been using the L'loreal mascara for years, I've recently been trying another mascara out and hate it because it gives me "spider legs" :( xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought most people would have the majority of these things. It's a good starter kit, I think. Ahh I hate spider legs they're awful! xx

      Delete
  7. great selection of products! own most of them and love em!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I love my Effaclar duo as well :) have fun at your event!


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my Real Techniques stippling brush so much! I've not got the Collection concealer, and I really think I should!! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoos and Revlon Lip Butters!
    I still need to try the stippling bush. I have the Core Collection and love them so really want to try the stippling one.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen the Effclar duo a few times about, but I never thought to pick it up! Now that you've mentioned, I might actually stop by the shelf next time and check it out. The Maybelline Color Tattoos are amazing! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I pretty much adore all of these things you mentioned ! I really want to try the Barry M polishes but they're not sold in Canada sadly. And the lip butters are my fave drugstore lip product. You couldn't have chosen better products !!

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the post and some of the products are awesome especially the revlon lip butters
    wanna follow each other via gfc and bloglovin
    Kisses
    Glamourzone

    ReplyDelete
  14. The healthy mix foundation is one of my all time favourites, so good! Love your blog x

    thepurplesketchbook.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love all of your picks! i've tried about half of them and seriously cannot live without the lip butters and the color tattoos. i'm really interested in trying the bourjois foundation but the only place i can order it from is asos :/

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great selection! The Bourjois foundation is my everyday one and I love the natural finish it gives! And the Real Techniques brushes are such a bargain. I love the Stppling brush for cream products. Thanks for sharing these! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the RT stippling brush. the Maybelline Tatoos in Bad to the Bronzer and the Revlon lip butters! Great post!

    xx- missmacbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really need to try the Revlon lip butter ! They sound amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Real Techniques stippling brush is also my favourite brush for applying foundation! I too need to invest in another to apply cream blush :) Love cream blush at the moment, especially Topshop ones!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Barry M nail polishes! This shade looks amazing!

    http://hola-joanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the maybelline colour tattoos. I need lots more colours in them :)

    Mintyessence
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing post - love pretty much all of these products!!
    Emma x
    emandthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am obsessed with the collection 2000 concealer, constantly buying one haha. I love your blog and I'd love it if you checked mine out and comment telling me what you think. I'd really appreciate it as your blog is amazing! http://its-called-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am using the Duo right now and it's honestly amazing for far.
    I haven't recieved that stage where you break out like crazy from it and i hope i don't!
    but it's been amazing with whiteheads =]
    Velia | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great work Rachel! I love all your picks :)

    I'd say that L'oreal True Match foundation, Maybelline Dream Matte powder, Revlon lipbutters, Real Tecnhiques brushes and Sleek blushes are the best things I've found :) xx

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have and love over more than half of these. Glad we have similar taste :)

    lovely blog

    xo

    http://gracieoffduty.weebly.com/life.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. I must try out the MUA eye primer, I've never even noticed it before.
    Such good product's on here though lovely :) I don't know what I'd do without my collection concealer now haha.
    Is the coverage good with the bourjois foundation?
    Chanelle Jade || www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.