Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Balm

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Intensive Lip Repair Balm £16.80* When I seen that this was in my goody bag last week I actually did a ...



Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Intensive Lip Repair Balm £16.80*

When I seen that this was in my goody bag last week I actually did a little dance.. yeah I'm quite sad. I've been wanting to try the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream range for so long as I've only heard good things. 

I always seem to have chapped lips, so I always like to have a lip balm with me and I can see this one quickly becoming my new favourite. The formula itself is like a buttery gel consistency if that makes sense, it's quite thick and a bit gloopy, which I don't really like, it feels so thick when you're putting it on your lips. However, this does mean that you only need a small amount. Once you put it on, it starts to tingle like those 'lip plumping' lipglosses, which my boyfriend said was "refreshing".. The smell kind of reminds me of thyme or oregano.. one of them. It's not one of my favourite smells in the world but once it's on the lips you can't really smell it at all. 

I usually use this at night, just before I go to sleep and when I wake up I can still feel it on my lips, it's amazing. I didn't really give much thought to the bold '8 Hour Cream' statement but it really is! It's so moisturising, it leaves my lips feeling so soft and hydrated. I couldn't use this as a base for my lipstick, it's far too thick but it's nice to dab a tiny bit on just before you apply it. 

Overall, I'm so pleased with this lip balm, since using it I haven't had any problem with chapped lips, they always feel moisturised which for me is amazing. It's definitely a product I'd purchase for myself once I run out. 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I have always wanted to try this too - I may have to pick this up after seeing your review.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try this, not sure I would like the thick texture though. Think I would use it like you did and put it on before bed, instead of a lipstick balm which is what I normally use my balms for.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been after a lip balm for a while now, this looks like it would be really nourishing and hydrating so I might have to give it a go!

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I finish by Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm, I may have to check this one out. xx
    A MakeupHabit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I really wanted to try this too! I'd use it how you use it just over night. Sounds good! xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tempted to get this! I always have terrible chapped lips over the winter :( x

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I've added you to my list of blogs I love, hope you don't mind! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds lovely! I tend to use my 8 hour cream, the original formula, as an overnight treatment for my lips and I love it! Thanks for the review! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds lovely. I have the 8 hour balm. I use that on my lips too.
    Hayley
    www.beautyrambles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the sound of this but not too sure about the consistency! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.