July Favourites

I seriously can't believe it's August, this year is flying over, it feels like I was only just writing up my June favourites. Thi...


I seriously can't believe it's August, this year is flying over, it feels like I was only just writing up my June favourites. This month some items are fairly new but as I'm on a bit of a spending ban I've had to dig out some old favourites.

Soap & Glory The Scrub of Your Life £7 I bought this in the airport as I forgot to pack a body scrub and I knew I'd probably need to apply fake tan so I bought this in case it went patchy. I'd ran out of Flake Away and needed a new one anyway but wanted one that came in a tube instead of a tub. To me they both smell exactly the same, like Coco Mademoiselle which is gorgeous. The Scrub of Your Life is more of a thick gel formula with small pink scrubbing beads. It doesn't leave any greasy residue behind and it lathers up nicely. It's not too abrasive for my skin either.

Dr Jart+ Premium BB Cream £24 I love wearing this on good skin days as it's quite a light coverage. It's great for evening out my skin tone. It does only come in one shade and comes out quite grey but it does adapt to your skin tone really well. Sometimes it can look quite greasy but once I've powdered it's fine.

SK-II Skin Signature Melting Rich Cream I received this in a Glossybox so long ago that I forgot I had it. I've been using this at night in place of my Korres moisturiser, which I smashed.. what a sad day. It sinks in straight away and when I wake up my skin is left feeling very soft and smooth. It has quite a runny consistency, like a serum, which I really like. I have linked to the SK-II website but you can't actually buy this product on there for some reason. I've seen a few people selling this on eBay but the price is over £100 for a full size tub. I'm not so sure if I'd pay that to be honest but I've really been enjoying using it.

Area H20 Medium Shampoo & Conditioner Duo £10* I've been using this shampoo and conditioner duo every time I've washed my hair since I've got it. They work together with the water of your area to get rid of natural mineral deposits which can be really damaging to your hair. Since using this, my hair is more manageable and is noticeably softer, I can also last longer in between washes. You can read my full review here.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum £10.99 I love the Bourjois foundations, I also have the other Healthy Mix one which I think has been reformulated and I'm dying to try it. To be honest, I haven't noticed any difference in the consistency or formula of this serum foundation, maybe that it's a bit smoother. I'm not so sure if this would suit pale skin as it is quite yellow, so I only use this when I've applied fake tan. I used to think this was quite dewy but have since realised that it is in fact a semi-matte foundation. It has a lovely apricot scent too.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Full Size £28.50 I asked for a sample of this quite a few months ago but it was waaaay too dark so I couldn't really wear it unless I wore layers of fake tan. I took the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum on holiday but knew it would end up being too light for me after a couple days, so I took this with me too. I mixed it in so it would match my skin tone and I loved the combination of the two. I do want to get a full size of my actual shade as I love this foundation, it lasts all day and the coverage is amazing. I wouldn't really wear this during the day though as I prefer a lighter coverage. I didn't realise it had an SPF in it though but whenever I've wore this I haven't noticed any horrendous flash back in photo's, possibly because this only has SPF 10?

Seascape Island Apothecary Peppermint Oil Lip Balm £10* I love this lip balm, I usually use this just before I put my makeup on, with my moisturiser. It leaves my lips feeling really soft and gets rid of any flaky bits. It smells amazing too, I always open it up just to smell it. You can read my full review here.

You Might Also Like

37 comments

  1. The Dr.Jart BB creme sounds really good ! Such a good list you chose ! Also, I love your blog, I am now following you on bloglovin ! xoxo

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wearing it a lot on holiday too, it has SPF 40 which is amazing!
      Thanks for following Madeline x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Bourjois foundation, not sure it would go well with my skin tone though if it has yellow undertones. My skin is much more pink! I love Soap & Glory products too, addicted!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go in store and try a bit cause it's a really nice foundation! x

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of area h20 hair products before they sound really interesting.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either, so glad I got to try them. Will definitely purchase them once I've ran out. xx

      Delete
  4. I love BB cream but I've only tried Etude House. I will have to pick up the Dr. Jart sometime!

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Dr Jart have 4 different BB creams, would love to try the others! xx

      Delete
  5. i really want to try the bourjois healthy mix foundation! and i wish we could get soap and glory here in aus! x

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to pick the new one up, not sure if they're reformulated or if it's just new packaging. xx

      Delete
  6. The Dr.Jart BB creme sounds really good I guess, actually I don't really know because i'm not really into beauty product lol
    Really nice blog girl :)

    Bisous from FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing great things about the Bourjois foundation!
    Kallie - www.butfirstcoffeeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them all, they're definitely worth trying x

      Delete
  8. love that the bb cream has such a high spf! I've been wanting to try it but am afraid it will be too oily for my skin.

    great post!

    sundays grace beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I apply it with a brush it's not as greasy as when I apply it with my hands and I don't really need to powder either..
      Thanks Carly :)

      Delete
  9. soap and glory <3
    http://exitwonds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything from them smells amazing!!

      Delete
  10. I have the sample for the Estee Lauder Double Wear and I love it! But I like the Double Wear Light even more! You should definitely get a sample of that! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely need to try the light one, thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  11. I've been really wanting to try one of the Dr Jart BB cream's they look amazing, although I need a bit more coverage! I would love to also try the Estee Lauder Double Wear... the reviews for it are incredible xxx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does come out like a foundation but when I apply loads it's way too greasy. It is buildable but I'd rather just wear a foundation for the coverage. Yeah it's so amazing, hopefully they'll give me the right shade if I buy it! xxx

      Delete
  12. I can't believe it's August either!
    I've been looking for the perfect BB cream so maybe I'll try the Dr Jart one.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have 4 different ones I think. This one is for more mature skin. I'd love to try the water fused one! xx

      Delete
  13. I really want to try that lip balm now, it sounds amazing :) xx


    Trial and Error Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved using it, by far the best one I've tried xx

      Delete
  14. The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is just so good, I've repurchased it time after time :)

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the foundation I've been wearing most recently. I rarely choose my other ones over this! xx

      Delete
  15. Great products! I'm still using the older Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation but the new one looks so good.

    Also still really need to buy that Shampoo & Conditioner, your review was so good!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ran out so I've been stealing my mams haha I need to get the new one!

      It's so good, I never took it on holiday and when I came back I noticed the difference straight away! xx

      Delete
  16. I've been wanting to try the H2O shampoo and conditioner for a while now, I live in Brighton which is definitely a hard water area. I would be interested to see if these worked for me :)

    Lyndsay xx | Fizzy Peaches ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's definitely worth a try, I love it. xx

      Delete
  17. I love S&G scrubs and the Healthy Mix Serum! Great choices :) xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both products that I think I'll repurchase time and time again. xx

      Delete
  18. The healthy mix foundation looks really good! Want to try that sometime haha xo

    CaitlinSeana|thoughts&fashion♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bourjois healthy mix foundation is sooo nice , nice coverage , easy to apply , one of my favorites!
    Lovely blog !!!

    Natassa,
    xxx
    http://novembrebeaute.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.