NARS At First Sight

NARS At First Sight £45* This is probably the most excited I've ever been to write a review. As soon as I received this I cou...


This is probably the most excited I've ever been to write a review. As soon as I received this I couldn't wait to have a play around with it. Not only because of the fact that this is from NARS but they have included two of their best loved products, first of all the cult classic Laguna which is a bronzer with a subtle shimmer and Deep Throat, a slightly shimmer peach blush. Along with 4 amazing eye shadows; All About Eve, a champagne neutral with shimmer. Nouveau Monde, a metalic silver lilac. Bellissima, a matte muted brown. Cordura, a shimmery dark brown.

First of all I love the NARS packaging, it's really clean and sleek and it comes with quite a large mirror so it's handy to chuck in your bag. It also clips shut which makes it really secure. It does sometimes tend to get a little bit mucky because of the material but hey ho, it's not really a big deal is it? 

I was most excited about the bronzer, I've been after it for so long. As I'm quite pale I was worried it would look orange on me but it didn't at all. It's quite subtle which I love and it brought a bit of warmth to my face. I used Real Techniques Contour brush to apply this as it was the perfect size for the palette and it's really nice for swirling around the hollows of your cheeks. The bronzer does contain some shimmer but it's very subtle and I've been using this to contour and haven't had any problems with it.

The Deep Throat blush is probably my favourite product, it's such a lovely peach shade with again a subtle shimmer. It's a really nice everyday shade as it looks very natural when applied. It's very buildable so you can apply a soft glow or a more intense colour.

The eye shadows are also gorgeous, you can create both soft daytime looks or full on night looks with this palette. I love using All About Eve to highlight my tear ducts, I find that champagne colours that are packed full of shimmer don't suit me and make me look ill but I've had no problems with this one, it's just the right amount of shimmer. Nouveau Monde also looks quite shimmery in the pan but again it's not too shimmery for me. It would make a great smokey eye or it's also nice under the eyes if you want something a bit different. Bellissima is a really nice matte brown, it has got some shimmer in the pan but it's very very subtle and you can't notice it at all on the eyes. For a daytime look, it's nice to use in the crease and for a night look I've used it all over the lid as a base colour (below). Finally Cordura, it's a very dark brown, when I was applying it it looked almost black on me. NARS obviously love a bit of shimmer as this is another shimmery eye shadow but again it's not overpowering. I love using this on the outer corners of me eyes and in the crease.

I was asked to create a look with the palette so below is an image of myself getting ready for a wedding that I attended the other day. I used both the blush and bronzer and Bellissima as a base colour and then Condura on the outer corners and in the crease, I also brought it down under my lower lash line on the outer corners. I'm pretty sure it was over 30 degrees at the wedding, it was boiling! I honestly thought I was going to faint during the ceremony. My face felt like it was melting but my makeup lasted really well, apart from me looking a bit shiny. If you've created any looks using this palette then leave your links in the comments below! :)




You Might Also Like

52 comments

  1. I love the eyeshadow shades, they're gorgeous! I love the look you created too, it's very pretty. :)

    Colour Shimmer Sparkle

    Bree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love everything on this palette which normally never happens! It's gorgeous. Thanks Bree x

      Delete
  2. Wow this is going on my product wishlist! Shall have to save my pennies up

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say it's definitely worth the money even just for Laguna and Deep Throat. The eyeshadows are gorgeous too though xx

      Delete
  3. This product looks amazing! I have the blush in deep throat and i love it but i would love to have the laguna bronzer also and those four eyeshadows are lovely!x

    Electra Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how they're both in! I can see me using this every day! x

      Delete
  4. The eyeshadows look gorgeous, and I love Nars Laguna! This palette's amazing.
    Ps, new style of blog looks great Xx

    Olivia - cravemorebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all gorgeous!
      Thanks Olivia, needs more doing to it but it'll do for now :) xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I've used it every day since I got it! I love it!! xx

      Delete
  6. Rachael!! You look absolutely stunning! I love your make-up in this post so much - so flawless! You should do more posts like this darling, would love to see your beautiful face more often! :D

    Have a wonderful day,
    sending love! <3

    Boonya - theartywardrobe.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Boonya :)! Was really nervous about posting it haha! xx

      Delete
  7. Hello lovely!

    I have tagged you in the Liebster award! Its really fun to do and make sure to check it out in my page!

    http://megan-pedicini.blogspot.co.uk/

    Comment on my Liebster award post when youve completed it! Make sure to do it! xoxo

    Megan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Megan, yeah I've already commented :) I've already done one of these posts not so long ago but if I do another one I'll let you know :) xx

      Delete
  8. Wow the eyeshadows really make your eyes pop, so pretty :-)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the eyeshadows, especially the two I've used! xx

      Delete
  9. I keep seeing this palette and it looks so lovely! I like how versatile the eye shadows are and the blush looks gorgeous on you!

    sundays grace beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing palette!! Thanks Carly :) x

      Delete
  10. This is such a stunning, versatile palette. Love your review of it !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline, was excited to write it!! :D x

      Delete
  11. Oooh, this is super pretty. I always love NARS and it looks like they've done it again with this fab palette!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly amazing, I'm already obsessed with it haha! x

      Delete
  12. This looks like such a pretty palette and I love the look you created :) x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore the exact same make up the other night when I went out with friends. Stayed on all night too! x

      Delete
  13. Nars is seriously amazing! I have always wanted to get products from their brand! I agree with you, the packaging it's really pretty and simple!


    Just in case you want to take a look at my blog :)
    http://fashionenvious.blogspot.pt/2013/08/july-favorites.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be boring but I love simple packaging like this! MAC is the same!
      x

      Delete
  14. OMG I'm obsessed with NARS packaging, too! This palette looks a lot more appealing to me than the ones with just the eyeshadows. I also love the look you created. Thanks so much for sharing, this is going on my wishlist! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd definitely choose this over ones with eyeshadows! :D x

      Delete
  15. omg I want that! That's perfect for travel!! great review xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice blog ♥
    Follow me via GFC and Bloglovin' and I'll follow you back, promiss Kiss xx
    IEVA ♥|AVEILT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow i desperately want one of those palettes, they look amazing! Excellent review xx
    charlieandlottie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh I love this palette-particulary the eyeshadows I love the texture and colours, they look gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like such a lovely product, I have been eyeing it off but I already have the blush which put me off buying it. The bronzer and eye shadows do look nice though x

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, this looks absolutely gorgeous and you are stunning!! i love the look you've created with it. at first i was eyeing the happening palette, but this one seems more my style with the neutral browns. thanks for the lovely post and photos!! (:

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look absolutely lovely, Rachael! I've never tried NARS products before but this one looks like it might get some of my attention! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG this palette looks amazing! I have been wanting Laguna for ages, but I'm waiting to finish Hoola before I buy it. You look beautiful :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow I love this makeup!

    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this is gorgeous! This is going on my wishlist immediately, love the look you created with it :) xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't own any NARS products and am so desperate to try this palette.
    The look you've created is so pretty. It literally looks like the perfect palette.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how you've done your makeup! Lovely post xxx

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. so pretty! this palette is all you need to create a whole look. wished NARS wemt into sale so I can afford to buy more of their stuff! xx

    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. this palette is soooo pretty, i might have to indulge!

    LauraThroughTheLens

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look gorgeous, definitely tempted by that palette now! xoxo

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a pretty palette! NARS products are soooo expensive though, £45 is a lot of money for such tiny pans! Although this is such a beaut <3 xx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, this is so pretty and you look utterly gorgeous in the pics :)

    Lyndsay xx | Fizzy Peaches ♡

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow i really want this! it such a pretty palette and love the look you done the eye shadows looks so pretty, i guess i have to start saving up haha xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful look! I would love to try some NARS products one day but I can never bring myself to spend that much. They are so luxurious and sleek :)

    Alice x

    http://alicepalacee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. gorgeous! i've just fallen in love with NARS aswell :)

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Deep throat looks amazing on your cheeks. I really want to try this duo x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looks lovely!
    You are very pretty!

    if you fancy it, Come check out my new post :)


    Gemma Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.