Nivea Daily Essentials Eye Make Up Remover

Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make Up Remover £3.39* I received this at Christmas as part of a set but as I had Bioderma (s...


I received this at Christmas as part of a set but as I had Bioderma (sorry, I know I go on and on about it) I didn't have a use for it. However since running out I've had to find a replacement. I've said a couple times that I've tried the L'Oreal Micellar Solution but I didn't think it was as good as Bioderma, so didn't bother repurchasing. I reached for this when I was feeling rather lazy and wanted something to remove my eye makeup straight away, so I gave this a go and I love it!

They weren't kidding when they said it's 'extra gentle', I stupidly tested this out by putting loads on one cotton pad and soaking my eye in it.. things you do for the purpose of your blog. The good news is that it didn't sting my eyes at all, an experiment that could have went terribly wrong. Even with a normal amount it removes pretty much all of my make up and I'm not left with panda eyes in the morning. If you're not into micellar solutions and would prefer just an eye make up remover then I'd definitely suggest you try this one. Last night I even tried using this to remove all my make up and it did remove quite a bit but I didn't really feel ready for bed. It could just be in my head though, thinking 'THIS IS JUST FOR EYES!' I love the packaging too, the lid doesn't let out too much like both Bioderma and L'Oreal lids. 

Overall, I think for the price this is a really good eye make up remover, it does exactly what it promises. It's none greasy, removes eye make up without much effort and doesn't sting my eyes at all!

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Sounds like a good product! I always need a little something more to remove my eye make up!

    New follower via bloglovin, Lisa xo

    www.thatsdamnprecious.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Lisa :)
      Will check your blog out now x

      Delete
  2. Haha that soaking the cotton pad on your eye made me giggle! The things we do.
    I have so much trouble finding eye makeup removers that don't make me eyes sore & red, I'm such a sensitive Sally. So this sounds great.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha seriously, as I was doing it I was thinking "what the hell am I doing?!".. idiot.
      I've had no problem with this at all, really worth trying! xx

      Delete
  3. It's good to know this is non-greasy I hate any kind of oily residue around the eyes. AND it's so affordable. Win!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, this isn't greasy at all. Definitely! x

      Delete
  4. This the only eye makeup remover I use, as others I try all get into my eyes and make them sore! It literally feels like water on my eyes :) great review xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, it's the only one I've found that doesn't irritate my eyes!xx

      Delete
  5. I'm using the L'Oreal Micellar water at the moment and love it...but i've never tried Bioderma so can't compare the two!
    This sounds like it would be great for removing that extra bit of eye make up that is really difficult to get rid of sometimes.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really liked the L'Oreal one but just couldn't help keep comparing to Bioderma, it's a really good alternative though. xx

      Delete
  6. I typically use the Neutrogena eye makeup remover, but that one has started to dry out my eye area. I think I may give this one a try :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's worth s try for how cheap it is. x

      Delete
  7. great makeup remover! xx
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really nice. Now I'm using the L'Oreal micellar water to remove my make-up an I totally love it and I will probably repurchase it forever! xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just ran out of the L'Oreal one but I like this one for removing eye makeup. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all. xx

      Delete
  9. I've tried it, but I think it doesn't remove my makeup well, but everyone is different. I'm currently using a makeup remover from l'Oréal that works perfectly for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it for removing eye makeup, should have added that I haven't tried this on waterproof mascara though not sure how it would do at removing that. x

      Delete
  10. This sounds really good! But, I am obsessed with Bioderma too haha xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm starting to bore people with it haha x

      Delete
  11. I used this before I discovered bioderma :) x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bioderma is on the top of my list for when my spending ban is over, this will do for now though, it's a really good alternative for eye makeup removal. x

      Delete
  12. I have been looking for a makeup remover that's not harsh for ages, think I'm going to give this a go,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.