#STANDFORSOMETHING

When Dr. Martens asked me what I stood for one thing came to mind straight away. I have admit that if I see someone "different"...


When Dr. Martens asked me what I stood for one thing came to mind straight away. I have admit that if I see someone "different" then I'm naturally drawn to them but there comes a point where natural curiosity turns nasty and this is one of the things that frustrates me the most. I'm not going to turn this into a massive rant.. but you should never be made to feel like you're not good enough. Usually, it's just by ignorant, narrow minded people who aren't worth the time of day anyway! Be yourself, be original and don't let anyone stop you from doing what you want to do.

Let me know what you stand for in the comments below. You could also win your own pair of Dr. Martens by entering your statement on the Facebook App.


Dr. Martens is coming to Newcastle! The Grainger Street store opens it's doors on Wednesday 4th September and will feature the full range of footwear, clothing and accessories, including the A/W13 range and the upcoming Agyness Deyn colab - which I'm so excited about!

I've also been invited along to the launch party on Thursday, I can't wait! How amazing is the invitation by the way, I love the laces. It sounds like it'll be a really good night, I don't quite know what street food is but I'm excited to try it. I'm also looking forward to seeing the store and meeting some fellow North East bloggers!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I totally agree with you :)
    One of the reasons that I love to travel down South is because everyone has their own taste and dares to be different.
    xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different is beautiful to us. If we all looked the same the world would be so damn boring! LOL... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love differences... I live in Buenos Aires which is starting to be a place where nobody minds if you are different, no judging at all... I remember when I travelled to Sweden and my boyfriend told me to not be so loud cause people there would think I'm weird or different and well.. maybe I am?
    just a random experience but I totally agree with you Rachel x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.