September Favourites

Even if it is a little bit late, here's my monthly favourites for September. It's scary how quickly this year is going by, I feel...


Even if it is a little bit late, here's my monthly favourites for September. It's scary how quickly this year is going by, I feel like I say this every single year..

As it's now getting darker a lot quicker and it's colder I've been burning candles pretty much constantly. I'm not really doing much for the environment am I. I'm actually burning a candle from Sainsbury's right now, you can just see it in the background. Not quite sure why it hasn't made my September favourites as it smells SO nice! Let's just pretend it is. It's the grapefruit and lime one, next time you're in Sainsbury's go check it out! For the ones that actually are in my favourites, they're probably the most perfect candles ever. If you haven't guessed, I'm a bit of a candle freak. The Yankee Candle Vanilla Cupcake is one of the nicest scents I've ever smelled. It smells exactly as it suggests, like a vanilla cupcake! Yankee candles are quite expensive so I bought a little mini sampler until I buy the massive jar when I use up my others! The other candle is buy the Copenhagen Candle Company and I found it in TK Maxx. I love looking through their candle collection as well as their makeup and skin care, I think I was in there the other day for about an hour. The candle is in the scent 'Tropical Island' and it smells gorgeous! It smells like passion fruit and coconut and very sweet. I hate spicy, cinnamon scents that generally get burned in the colder months so I prefer to just burn sweet scents like this all year round. Can't believe I've just wrote a massive paragraph about candles, oops.

Onto beauty products, the first product I've been using pretty much every day is the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation. I love how this looks so natural on the skin, it has quite a light coverage but is buildable. I've recently been using my hands to apply this instead of my Real Techniques stippling brush to give an even more natural finish. It evens out my skin tone, leaving a more radiant, semi-matte finish. It also has SPF 20!

I feel like I look ridiculous when I use a lengthening mascara for my daytime makeup, as I already have quite long eyelashes. I just need something that will darken them as they're quite light. I like using this MeMeMe Fat Cat Mascara for everyday makeup as it makes them look quite natural. I've been using this a lot this month, usually when I'm at work or for when I don't want to look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.

I've been trying not to use this Show Beauty Premium Working Texture Spray* too much as I don't want it to run out! I love using it when I'm going out to give my hair a bit more texture, I haven't tried it on curly hair but I love it when I wear my hair both straight and wavy. You can read my full review here.

I've also been loving using this Phyto 7 Daily Hydrating Cream*. I run about a 10p size piece through towel dried hair and it leaves it feeling really silky soft. It gives my hair that much needed hydration, especially on the ends and leaves it looking healthier.

212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera is definitely one of my favourite perfumes of all time, it's described as an oriental, woody musk with notes of cotton candy, mandarin and vanilla. It's just perfect. What I also love about the perfume was that it came with a little travel size (not quite sure if they still do this). It's so handy to just chuck in your bag and I love taking it on a night out!

I've been wearing this nail polish by H&M loads recently, it's in the shade 'Moody Model'. It's a deep turquoise shade that looks really nice with pale or tanned skin! I'll probably become obsessed with it throughout winter!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Vanilla Cupcake smells absolutely lovely! Black Cherry has got to be my all time favourite though :-) xx
    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yankee candles! Perfect as the night starts drawing in :) x
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year really is going so quickly! I love Yankee Candles too but never been a big fan of the Vanilla Cupcake one.
    I really want to try a texture spray!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That texture spray sounds lovely! Also I adore Yankee Candles too, although I don't usually like "food" scents. I always go for like outdoorsy scents.
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yankee candles are my favorite!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to invest in some more candles, I got some Sainsbury's tealights that were reduced and I can see why... they smell lovely but burn out before the wick has even gone down much! Tres disappointing. That perfume sounds lovely to :) xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, that yankee candle looks amazing! The texture spray sounds great too, I've been trying to get a bit more volume in my hair recently so I'll give it a go.

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete
  8. That yankee candle smells so good I could eat it! I didn't pick one up, but I'm definitely going to go back to ASDA to pick up a sample! Great post :) Rachel xx

    www.pillarbox-post.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to try the Nearly Naked Foundation! Great favorites :)

    xx- missmacbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard a lot of good things about the phyto 7 hair cream, I will have to look into it :) x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  11. 212 Sexy is such a perfect perfume for autumn and it isn't too popular too which makes it perfect.

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been burning candles like a madman too! No judgement :)

    www.emandthem.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely post! I am also a massive candle freak but I still need to try the yankee candle brand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have that Yankee candle and it smells amazing! I need a new one for winter as I've been using Bahama Breeze throughout the summer (which wasn't a strong smelling scent once the candle was lit) which I wasn't too happy about as it smells gorgeous in the jar.
    I also tried that foundation and I didn't get on with it at all.. although I haven't been using one lately, yippee! just a little concealer instead
    chanelle jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.