Benefit Smokin' Eyes Palette

Benefit Smokin' Eyes Palette I've been meaning to review this palette for a while, but never got round to it. I always...



I've been meaning to review this palette for a while, but never got round to it. I always forget about palettes because they're always hidden away but I rediscovered it and have been using it loads recently. I recently reviewed the Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes palette, so if you'd like to have a little read of that then you can do so here. What I like about both palettes is that they come with a how-to manual, listing all the products and how to apply them to create each look. The products included in the Smokin' Eyes palette are a pink highlight eye shadow, a pewter base shadow and a deep charcoal shadow. The palette also includes the Brow Zings eyebrow shaping wax in light and the Eye Bright cream eye brightener. Also included is a mini eyeliner, mini tweezers and a shadow/angle brush. 

I have to admit that I rarely use all of these products together to create one look, but it is a good option if you're wanting to travel light. The product that I mainly use this palette for is the Brow Zings. I didn't actually know this palette included Brow Zings until doing this post even though it's what I've been using on my eyebrows pretty much every day for the last couple weeks, what a tatey. I ran out of my usual brow pencil and just ended up giving this a go as I had nothing else to use. I absolutely love it. I usually use an Avon eyeshadow to fill in my brows then I use this to define them. Sometimes I may even define them a little too much but I don't even care. It's amazing.

In the above image you can see all of the products on my hand heavily swatched, so don't expect to the pay off to be this good, it was just to give you an idea of the shades. I've included a image of all of the products on my eyes to show what they actually look like. I was expecting the shadows to be more pigmented that what they are but as you can see they're all really buildable. They're really soft and blendable which makes up for it. I do actually really liked using all of the products together to create this look, the Eye Bright really helps to brighten up my eyes.. as the name suggests. It's really soft and creamy so it blends really well and you only need a tiny amount. I also usually only use a tiny amount of the Brow Zings and in the above image I've used hardly any product because I wanted to keep them looking natural. You could also use more product to really define your brows which will give your face a more defined look. For the little minis that you get along with the palette.. they're ok but nothing special. I think I've only used the eyeliner a couple times, it's not particularly bad but I've just never reached for it. The mini tweezers are cute but just too impractical, I can barely hold them properly. The one thing I do use quite often is the brush, not so much the eyeshadow brush but I do like to use the hard angle brush side for my brows.

Overall I really like this palette, I think it would make a really nice Christmas gift! I love the subtle metalic smokey eye look this creates and it's all compact with a handy mirror so you can chuck it in your bag. I was actually going to buy the Brow Zings shaping kit before I realised the wax was included, so that's another bonus if you're on the fence.. such an enabler. 

Someone was being nosy.


You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. benefit beauty palettes are always so beautifully packaged and they would make such nice gifts :) I have seen this palette in stores and have been attracted whats inside but i didn't think that it would be practical enough for me because like you said, the tweezers were a bit fiddly and the eyeshadows are not pigmented enough. I remembered seeing other lovely palettes from benefit~ Need to start my christmas shopping soon!

    Thank you so much for reviewing :) I hope you have a lovely day <3

    *- YingcBeauty-*
    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous I recently bought the Illamasqua palette in neutral might just get this too! xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours are gorgeous, looks like an amazing palette !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute puppy! I don't remember seeing this palette around before, I must have always brushed over it but now I will need to check it out. Thanks for the review.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this :) the colours are so gorgeous in it, and mine always seems to stay on for so long! Your little dog is lovely, such a cutie! xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I thought the shadows were really that pigmented at first, still good that they're buildable though. Pretty look :-) xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a handy little palette that has everything you'd need.
    P.s Awwwwww your dog is the cutest!
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg cute overload at the end! What a sweet dog :-)
    I love Benefit and this palette looks lovely. I like the look you've done with all the shades, looks so nice on you

    Rosie. X
    www.everythingsrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this looks like a gorgeous little palette! Perfect for taking on a weekend away or something as you have all that you'd need in one cute little box xx
    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post darling! I hope you're well, I miss coming onto blogger and reading your blog so much! Hope you haven't forgotten your No.1 fan! haha ;) Have a great weekend lovely, speak soon! <3

    Boonya - theartywardrobe.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a nice set, I always see lisa eldridge using this in her videos x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice smoky eye make up! love that the colours used are very natural :)

    Check out my new blogpost! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.