Current Favourites

Hi, remember me? My last post was over two weeks ago, now that's just crazy. I hate not being as involved with the blogging ...











Hi, remember me? My last post was over two weeks ago, now that's just crazy. I hate not being as involved with the blogging community as I used to be but since getting a job and working 5 days a week I feel like I have no time! I actually took this photo weeks ago in preparation for my October favourites but I've completely missed the window where it's acceptable to be a bit late.

Anyway, here's my current favourites.. I've mentioned the NARS At First Sight* palette a few times because it's just great. I use it pretty much every day, for both days when I want to look a bit more natural and when I'm wearing a full face of makeup. At £45 it is a tad on the expensive side but it does include two much loved NARS products, Laguna bronzer and Deep Throat blush and four really lovely eyeshadows. You can read my full review here.

I've had the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation for a while but I'd bought a shade waaaaaay too dark for me so it stayed tucked away in a draw. I've recently started using it when I've fake tanned or I mix it in with a lighter shade to match my own. I really like how it actually does give the appearance of you being more awake. It has tiny shimmer in it which isn't noticeable on the face, it just gives you a natural looking glow.

I recently reviewed the St. Tropez Instant Tan if you'd like to read the full post. It's a really nice wash off tan, which I use to tan my face as I prefer to use a developing tan on the rest of my body. It has a slight shimmer which really brightens up my face whilst giving a nice natural glow. It has the consistency of a serum so it feels really moisturising and doesn't cling to any dry patches. It also smells like a perfume and nothing like the general fake tan smell.

I actually bought The Body Shop Nutriganics Foaming Face Wash for my mam but I keep stealing it. I love to use this after I've cleansed my face, to get rid of any last bits of makeup or residue. I mostly just use this because I like how the foam feels on my skin, like a really light, fluffy cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling really refreshed and soft.

When I went to the Dr Martens event a couple month ago I received a little USB stick that was in the shape of a Dr Martens boot, which I was stupidly excited about. I've been using it to keep all of my blog photo's and design bits etc. as I've put a serious dent into my laptop memory. I thought it was a cute little non-beauty item to share in case anyone was interested, I've found a couple available on eBay here.

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover by now but it's still featuring in my favourites because it's just amazing. One of the things I hate most about painting my nails is removing it, I hate soaking endless cotton pads in nail polish remover and scrubbing away at my nails. That's why this is a lazy girls best friend, all you have to do it pop your finger into the tub, swash it around a little and it comes off straight away. It hardly comes off in 1 second but it's still a lot quicker and easier than cotton pads.

Well that was my current favourites, I have a few posts lined up so hopefully there shouldn't be such a huge gap in between posts. I'm currently decorating my room so I might do some room tour posts and birthday related posts as it's my birthday tomorrow! I'm going to try and be as involved in my blog as I used to be, I miss the interaction with other bloggers and I don't read as half as many posts as I used to, so I'm going to try and be a lot more organised!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Oh I just love the Bourjois nail polish remover as well.. love hw it smells and leaves my fingers soft!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like a great selection of products! love the rimmel foundation!


    This Girl Loves Chic

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rimmel Wake Me Up for the winter time, it really helps me look alive!

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaay The Body Shop c: I love their Nutriganics line, it's so nice. And the Bourjois nail polish remover looks amazingggg. I might take a look into it, I'm like you as well, I find it such a drag to remove nail polish, especially stubborn polish.

    Ada | thespianxx


    ReplyDelete
  5. That cheek palette is one of my favorites

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the laguna bronzer from Nars everyday and night and love it so much! Can't live without it haha. And same goes for the wake me up foundation - my fave!! The smell and coverage is amazing, just as good as many high-end products out there as it's not too thick or too thin! And also I understand what you mean, I bet having a job as well as keeping up with your blog can be difficult. I've just handed in my dissertation draft.. so now I can relax (for a bit) lol.

    Hope you're well darling,

    Boonya - theartywardrobe.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great favourites! Love the little Doc Marten, so cute! I love the Bourjois remover, I'm surprised I haven't featured it on my blog so far, it's so convenient :-) xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the wake me up foundation too, it's really perfect for this time of year to give your face some life too it.

    P.xx

    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought a similar varnish remover from Home Bargains for just £1.99 haha, it's amazing! I'm yet to try the Bourjois one though. Also, I hated the Rimmel Wake Me Up unfortunately :( was so gutted as I'd heard amazing things but it made me look so shiny and oily! xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.