St. Tropez Instant Face & Body Tanning Lotion

I've been meaning to try this product ever since seeing a behind the scenes feature for the Mary Katrantzou show at London Fashion We...


I've been meaning to try this product ever since seeing a behind the scenes feature for the Mary Katrantzou show at London Fashion Week, so when I seen Cosmopolitan were offering a 50ml size product as a free gift, I obviously had to buy it. I think it may still be available if you want to run out and grab it!

I'm not sure if I'd use this to tan my body as I'd probably only get two uses out of it, which seems like a waste. I also don't like to use wash off tan on my body as I want it to stay on for as long as possible, so if you were hoping for a review for full body application then I do apologise. Instead, I just use this for tanning my face.

The first thing I notice about the product is the smell, it smells like a floral perfume and nothing remotely similar to fake tan. Even once it's dried it doesn't have that horrible biscuit smell. The lotion itself is a deep chocolate brown with slight shimmer. I love that that it includes shimmer as it really helps to brighten up my dull complexion. With the light / medium shade, one coat leaves a nice healthy glow but you can also build it up. The lotion has the consistency of a serum, it's really light and moisturising so it doesn't leave any streaks behind and doesn't cling to any dry patches.

I've loved using this product, I use it any days I feel like my skin needs brightening up a bit. It's also great for using in between fake tanning as tan washes off your face and hands faster than the rest of your body. As soon as it runs out I'll be repurchasing as I love it! Although it'll probably take me a while to use it all up as you only need a small amount. It feels really gentle on my face and isn't drying at all, unlike other fake tan I've used. No doubt this will feature in my monthly favourites!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Great post, Thanks for sharing!:)
    Lovely blog:)

    Please check out my blog..
    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major love for St.tropez, can't believe you got this in a magazine..wow.
    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, nearly died when I see it. I haven't even read the magazine yet haha xx

      Delete
  3. Ahh great post, I also got this in Cosmo but have yet to try it, thanks for reminding me! I'll be popping it on as soon as I've tanned ;) xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should definitely try it, it's so good! xxx

      Delete
  4. ive never tried any fake tans but i always here good things about the st tropez ones!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. The packaging is cute too.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so scared to wear a face tanning lotion, affraid it breaks me out but I need some serious tan.. my skin is so light right now that sucks! Here in South America everybody is tan in spring-summer time.... :/

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.