Easy Brush Cleaning Glove

available here I know you're probably thinking come on Rachael, this is an oven glove.. but it's made washing my makeup brushes...


I know you're probably thinking come on Rachael, this is an oven glove.. but it's made washing my makeup brushes so much easier. If you've seen the Sigma Brush Cleaning Gloves then you'll get the idea behind using this oven glove to clean your brushes!

When I first realised that I actually had to wash my brushes I used to just wash them with my hands, which is obviously perfectly fine but I used to dread it as it was so time consuming. I then made it a bit easier for myself and started using a jug to wash them, you can read the full post here if you're interested. Now, with the use of this glove it's even easier.

I still like to use Johnson's Baby Shampoo as it's gentle and keeps the brushes soft, it's also super cheap! I squeeze a small amount onto the glove and rotate the brushes over the grooves for a deep cleanse. Then just rinse and repeat as needed. Also, because it's an oven glove it protects against both very hot and very cold temperatures. You can wash your brushes whilst protecting your hands from the hot and cold water. Now it takes me less than 5 minutes to clean my makeup brushes, you can also squeeze out the excess water so they dry faster too.

It seems pretty ridiculous posting about an oven glove but I hope it helps!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Great post, and I must say I don't think I've read a post on a beauty blog about a oven glove before! Fab tips though, think I may have to give this a go.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the sigma one around and at first I thought it seemed a bit gimmicky but I haaate washing my brushes and have the hardest time with my foundation brushes and these little mitts seem like they would make things a lot easier! Thanks for sharing!

    sundays grace blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea i have never seen a glove for cleaning brushes before.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't ridiculous in the least Rachael!! I've seen those sigma brushing cleaning mitts and this is a brilliant, not to mention cheaper, alternative. I'm definitely on the look out for an oven mitt like this one; hopefully I can find a pretty pink one too. c:

    xo.Janiecy.xo | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea I saw s make up cleaning glove over on Liana beauty and that cost something ridiculous like £45! This is like £2 and probably does the exact same job! Definitely going to give this a try :D x

    http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, I have heard of this before but it seems like it'd be really useful, I hate cleaning my brushes too haha xx

    Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use this as well haha! It works amazing, I'm so glad I didn't buy the Sigma one now and stuck with the good old oven glove :) xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting to try the sigma brush cleaning glove but have been put off by the price - I will definitely need to try this out as a more affordable option!

    katespitz.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the sigma brush cleansing mitt, it was really expensive for what it was! I have been looking at pet cleansing mitts on ebay and they are really cheap so I will probably get one for my brushes x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that Liana Beauty recommended this and it looked amazing!
    Jennifer
    naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.