Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub The other week I was in Lush buying a birthday present for someone and I obviously couldn't leave with...


The other week I was in Lush buying a birthday present for someone and I obviously couldn't leave without buying a little something for myself. A big tub of these Bubblegum Lip Scrubs were placed strategically next to the till, I've been meaning to try one for ages so I picked it up at the last second. That's how they get you.

It's naughty of me but I do admit that I pick dry bits of skin from my lips, it's one of my bad habbits. I'm sorry, I know it's disgusting. I even do it to the point that my lips start bleeding or I look like I've been punched in the face. So I thought to myself enough is enough, I need to get rid of this dry skin without picking my lips to pieces. I did originally want to try the popcorn one as I preffered the smell but I was too lazy to walk over to where the lip scrubs live, so I made do with the one next to the tills. 

The Bubblegum Lip Scrub smells exactly as the name suggests, like bubblegum. Whenever I smell it, it provokes this nostalgic feeling and for the life of me I can't work out what it reminds me of! I don't really mind the smell but I do wish I had walked those extra couple of feet and purchased the popcorn scented one instead as this one is a bit too sickly sweet for my liking.
The lip scrub contains caster sugar which acts as the exfoliating agent to gently scrub away any unwanted dry skin, it also contains organic jojoba oil to moisturise. It gives the right amount of exfoliation to the lips to get rid of dry skin without being too harsh. I usually use this before I apply my makeup to ensure my lips are soft and flake free for the rest of the day. It also prepares my lips for when I apply lipstick, so it doesn't stick to any dry patches. Once you've finished scrubbing away at your lips you can either remove it with tissue or lick it off, yes it's also edible! 



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try this for a while but I don't like the idea of putting it on my lips in case I swallow it aha!
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fine you can actually eat it ha! Xx

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to try one of these for a while too! I think I'd probably get the popcorn one, although that might be just as sickly as the bubblegum one. Do you know if they still make the mint one or did I imagine that?

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they did a mint one! It says peppermint and vanilla! Sounds so nice xx

      Delete
  3. I've had and just finished the popcorn one which I loved but was a bit of a luxury. They are pretty pricey considering they're basically just sugar! I've been making do by rubbing my lips with my face cloth in the shower which removes all the dead skin - would love to repurchase though!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using an elf lip scrub and for $3 it works very well but I do want to try one of these lush lipscrubs some time.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.