Topshop Rio Rio

Topshop Lips in Rio Rio The name Rio Rio instantly reminds me of vibrant Brazilian festivals and the lipstick certainly lives up t...



The name Rio Rio instantly reminds me of vibrant Brazilian festivals and the lipstick certainly lives up to the name. In the tube it's quite a fluorescent red... but it applies as a more of a true red shade, slightly on the orange side. It's really easy to apply, all you need is one coat but you do need to be careful as I've ended up with smudged red marks all over my face a few times after a disastrous application as it's so pigmented. It lasts really well, even after having a few drinks and you don't really need to reapply. 
Rio Rio is described as a satin matte lipstick, which is definitely becoming one of my favourite finishes. It's not drying at all, it's actually quite moisturising. I love how it brightens up my face and it instantly makes you look more put together, even after a few hours at work. I wear it both when I'm at my palest (as you can see above) and when I'm tanned and I love it for both. It has also been compared to MAC Lady Danger, which for half the price isn't too shabby. 


You can nominate me here.





You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Awesome review, the colour looks really nice with your skin tone :) x

    books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite red lipsticks! Lovely review :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say Mac Lady Danger....SOLD :) x
    A MakeupHabit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted this for a while but for some reason it's just never made it to the till with me. I may well take the plunge for the summer though :)
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  5. It reminds me so much of ruby woo! I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks lovely and a very flattering shade. I love topshop lipsticks too!! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, I love the finish too, I've been after lady danger but I may go for this instead :) x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good red lip! Especially if the lipstick lasts after a couple of drinks. Lady Danger has been next on my list to get so maybe I should get the Topshop one instead.

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis color looks great on you and your skin is amazing!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :)
I read and appreciate every single one - If you have a question I'll get back to you as soon as I can or you can tweet @RachaelLinton or email hello@rachaelwrote.com for a quicker response.

Powered by Blogger.